This savoury tasty pancake is made with gram flour (besan), spices and herbs. Add grated veggies to make it more nutritious. Besan can also be substituted with oats and rava. Makes a quick breakfast,brunch or an evening snack.
1 cup besan (gram flour)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric power
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida powder
Salt to taste
Oil as required
- In a bowl add besan, red chilli powder, turmeric, asafoetida and salt.
- Add required water and make batter with smooth consistency.
- Add chopped green chilli and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- In a tawa, pour a big ladle of the batter and spread it uniformly.
- Sprinkle onion and tomato.
- Cook for a few minutes. Flip it over and cook for a few seconds.
- Remove and serve hot with chutney.