When it comes to cooking food, oil is the main component that is used in the preparation of any dish. There has been a longstanding debate about the healthiest oil available. If you are a refined oil user, you might be surprised to find out about other healthier alternatives like Cold-Pressed Oils. Read on to find out about its numerous health benefits and differences between the two.
Before getting into the differentiation, let’s start with defining how each oil is extracted.
What is Cold Pressed Oil? How is it extracted?
Cold-Pressed Oil or Kachi Ghani is extracted by crushing the oil out of oilseeds without using any heat. Oilseeds such as sesame, groundnut, olive, coconut or flaxseed are used to make cold-pressed oil. The sheer force applied is used to extract the oil with the help of a cold-pressed oil machine or Ghani.
What is Refined or Hot Pressed Oil? How is it extracted?
Refined Oil is extracted using high heat up to 200 degrees, chemical solvents, and pounding at high speed. Oil can’t be naturally extracted from seeds of soybean, corn, etc. so the refining method is used for them too.
Cold-Pressed Oil VS Refined Oil
- In regards to Cold-Pressed Oil, since no external heat is applied, there is no significant loss of nutritional quality of the seed as well as there is no use of chemical solvents.
- It is the most natural oil extraction method. It retains rich Antioxidants that help fight free radicals that cause harm to the cells in the body.
- Also provides Vitamin E that prevents inflammation and an abundance of Oleic acid that helps boost immunity.
- These oils are extremely healthy when cooked on low heat. Only good quality seeds can be used for the extraction process.
- Great for cooking as well as skincare as it preserves flavour, nutrition content and aroma.
- With the Refining process, there is filtration of oil through multiple chemical actions and heat that gets rid of nutritional content and other healthy vitamins.
- Studies show that consumption of refined oil causes chronic diseases as the oil has a lot of fat and doesn’t contain natural ingredients.
- The double refining method is also used to get rid of a thick layer formed in oil for colour, taste and smell using acetic acid, hexane or bleaching soda.
- Low-quality seeds are used for the refining process.
What is the best alternative & How to make use of the Oil?
The use of refined oils should be restricted. Cold-pressed oils are best used raw to take benefit of their nutritional value, can be used as a garnish as it tastes scrumptious.
But having said that our oils are also great for deep frying and suitable to cook all different types of dishes of the Indian Cuisine. Paired with a rich Cold-Pressed Oil the food is sure to be delicious as well as healthy and great for the body.
Consume our very own line of Cold-Pressed Oils namely groundnut, coconut, sesame, mustard, sunflower cold-pressed oil to brighten your days. They boost immunity, rich in nutritional content, antioxidants, Vitamin E and Oleic Acid and made with all-natural ingredients.
You can try the range and see for yourselves the health and taste benefits that it offers!
Take the next step making these healthy recipes best serving Cold-Pressed Oil:
It’s high time that we take extra care of our health and consume products that boost immunity and keep us energetic to take on any challenges throughout the day.
Buy here: Organic Coconut Cold Pressed Oil